A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Frankfurt - nice sushi

So yesterday I took the train to Frankfurt.

Arrived at 1pm and met up with the recruitment consultant, who is also a friend (after an embarrasing him-calling-me on-the-mobile-whilst-standing-one-meter-away thing) and went for sushi.

Very good sushi: better and cheaper than what they have in Munich.

The interview has been postponed until 7pm so I walked a bit around Frankfurt in the rain.

Found a Leica museum where they let me play with an M7 and MP camera.

Such nice cameras. I have an M3 which was built in the 1950s and is just awesome.

The body (lens not included) of a new Leica film camera only costs €4000 so you can imagine the restraint I showed in not buying one.

Then I found a Starbucks and used the Wifi to kill more time browsing.

Then I went to the Starbucks at the main station which was the rendez-vous.

Met up with the interviewers. Went to an outside cafe/ice-cream place and had the interview.

Some of it was in German and although it went okay I am not sure if I could sustain it for a whole day on a client site.

After the interview, no more than an hour, waited for the train home. Much slower train, I spent almost an hour from 11pm in Nuremberg waiting for the connection and only got home at 2am.

A long day for an hour-long interview.

No comments: