A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

That sickening feeling

I've just looked at a web site of a global consultancy. One with a slightly different offering.

It seems quite good.

But it's mainly looking for people at MBA or equivalent level.

Then I looked at people in the company who were on Xing and LinkedIn.

They all went to top internationally focussed universities and quite a few had academic awards.

So I feel disappointed because my profile doesn't seem to fit, by a long way. Yet, I have significant, global experience and achievement (and I do have a relatively mediocre degree).

I could send in an application but right now, despite not needing a job, I have a sick feeling in my tummy.

Mind you, that could be due to the kidney stone.

No comments: