A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Decline

Well done Tony and Gordon.

In 1990 Britain was the 10th most desirable place to live. Now it's 21st*, according to a recent review.

And for a G7 (or G8 country) even 10th isn't that impressive.

Also, Chase Me Ladies I'm in the Cavalry makes an astute observation that Germany is more liberal and democratic (especially around the issue of policing) than the UK.

* OK, one has to question a methodology which puts Germany one place below the UK. Life is significantly better here in many way. Still, my point is that Britain was 10th and now it has badly slipped.

I hope Gordon reads this blogsite, it may help him in a few months.

No comments: