A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Nice squeeze

A bit of news

Yesterday I managed to squeeze out one application.

I made a note to call the agent today.

This morning my mobile (we call them "handys" here) rang, in German.

It was the agent. She had called me first!

She liked my details and said she'd put my name forward, at a slightly higher rate than I had asked for.

Now, she did mention that they had already sent two c.v.s to their client. But she felt I had a good chance as well. Not least as I'm already in Munich and am available from the beginning of March.

Other news

This afternoon boss asked me whether it would be ok if, stressing if, they could extend my contract to the end of March.

She knows I'm actively looking and I explained that I work on a first come, first served basis. Two minutes later she put her phone down and told me my contract had been extended.

Great.

Obviously this conflicts a bit with other potential jobs. But I know wheels can grind so slowly that it may not be a big deal at all.

No comments: