A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Ich habe geinterviewed

or is it "geinterviewet"?

Anyway today I went for my interview with the company in Munich.

It went quite well. Well, once we switched to English. I could understand what he was saying but couldn't formulate replies in German.

I should have been interviewed by HR as well as the recruiting manager but the HR lady wasn't available for some reason.

As I said, it went quite well. The interviewer did bang on a bit about how useful it would be to have good German. So I banged on a bit about how determined I am to have good German - one-to-one lessons, "to speak another language is to have another soul" etc - all true.

They said they'd get back to me quickly and that there might be another interview.

I do hope so, I think I would rather like the job and the company (which has just been IPO'd and is going through a bit of growth and change - my favourite situations).

I'm not going back to work today. Just don't feel in the mood (work expected me to take the whole day off anyway) and am instead going to have a haircut.

"Kurz".

No comments: