A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Quite a Monday

As usual, an agency phoned me whilst I was in the bathroom this morning.

Four times.

I phoned him back once I finished. It was the agency who called me on Thursday about a consultancy job.

Apparently their client's CEO saw my c.v. and wants to see me.

The company is in London, in the City, and I arranged to see them on Wednesday afternoon. This is efficient as I already have an interview at 9am in London.

Now, I was going to meet a recruiter of another consultancy at 2pm on Wednesday for an informal chat. I called her and she was happy to see me later on in the day, basically when I'm ready. So, that's even more efficient.

Plus I'll probably meet up with a couple of people afterwards for a beer before heading back to Sussex. Super efficient.

Now the agency asked if I had managed to see the company's website over the weekend. Well, to be honest, no. The reason? He was unwilling to give me their name last week.

And when I started looking at the company's details this morning I realised that I didn't have a job spec. I phoned him up again and he sent one over, although, as he warned me, it's not a very specific job spec.

What's that thing on my head? Hair. Tomorrow I get a haircut.

No comments: