A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 31, 2005

More excitement

After sorting out the second interview on Wednesday I received another phone call.

Despite all the regulations that seem to be in place this one called whilst I was sitting next to the phone. It was, of course, another agency. One to whom I applied on Sunday.

They were advertising for an IT relocation project manager. The advert had said that the candidate needed experience of managing five project managers. Well, I felt they were being a bit too pernickety: I have experience of managing much larger numbers of people plus managing managers (see next post). So despite not having actually managed five project managers I still applied.

As the agent explained his client was a Japanese bank. And he said that if they ask for experience in managing five project managers then, in all likelihood, that's what they'll want.

This seemed to be the only stumbling block but it's big enough for his client. So, although it was a bite, he probably won't be able to put my name forward (though he will put my c.v. aside).

No comments: