A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Confirmation

There's probably some EU regulation that means recruitment agencies can only call me when I'm in the bathroom. There is, after all, already in place some sort of regulation which prohibits attractive women from sitting next to me on airplanes UNLESS at least one of us is in a relationship.

Why me?

Anyway, today I remembered not to take my mobile into the bathroom. When I returned there was a message for me. It was the agency who called yesterday.

I phoned them and we agreed a date and time for an interview with their client. This will be in central London next Tuesday.

What's more, the agency's account manager has scheduled in a slot to call me the day before just to make sure I'm lined up and to brief me on the people I'll be seeing.

How professional is that? I'm impressed.

No comments: