A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Almost late

Despite leaving for a short trip to an interview, I forgot that not all S-bahns go straight through the city and the one that I was on suddenly veered south.

I got off and walked to the interview getting there bang on time.

The interviewer, of course, was late by about five minutes - not unusual in Germany.

He was friendly enough although he explained the rather strange structure of the company - it was though, a recruitment company and I thought I had applied for a particular position with a certain (named) company. So I wondered why I needed to be bothered by a recruitment agency's structure.

Although I had applied to an English man, in English as requested this interview was in Foreign so I may have missed a few things.

Anyway it turned out to be a non-specific interview and went on for about an hour. In Foreign. Quite exhausting.


No comments: