A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Almost oops

Two interviews today.

One at 11am by phone, then one at 3pm 1pm face to face.

I had agreed to both because the second one was in a suburb which was, I thought, close to the city centre.

A day or so after agreeing I looked at the map and found that the suburb was at the end of the S-bahn line.

Fortunately the telephone interview ended after 30 minutes so that gave me time to eat a banana and go out to the second one.

The first one was in English, the second in German. I explained that I can't maintain my German for over an hour and the interviewer said he'd consider it - his client is a very traditional German company.

No comments: