A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

More malarky in German

Although I am paid to the end of November the German unemployment office wanted to see me and review my c.v.

Yesterday I updated it, a little bit, and today took it to the office.

It is in English. My selling point in Germany is that I am a native English speaker, there is no point writing it in German, plus it would be much longer.

The person I met there was very pleasant and gave me information (including about startup assistance) and want an update by the end of next month.

She also told me that my German was good and was surprised to hear that I seldom use the language, either professionally or in my private life.


No comments: