A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Schadengefreut

... for my soon to be former employer (they still pay me to the end of November but I am released and am under no obligation to them).

Yesterday I got a last minute invitation to a former colleague's birthday party. Good food (he barbecued in the rain), drink and company.

He's leaving the company (actually resigned before I did) and has now got a good new job (he resigned without first finding a new employer). Another former colleague was also there and he has resigned, having secured a good position with a well known e-commerce firm.

At the party I heard of other people who have left, or will soon leave, including the last CEO who had been there for less than two years.

Oh, and they lost most of the business with a major client.

The company really does seem to be following TJHWNN's First Law: you make me redundant and your company will soon cease to exist.

No comments: