A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Quiet day

Last week I went to a meetup event and talked to a couple of people about using an IT Ronin team.

I got a few suggestions which I looked at over the weekend.

Also, over the weekend I correspondent to a couple of bites, one from Xing and one from Linkedin - agencies had seen my c.v. and wanted to contact me.

The Xing one was embarrassing as I hadn't seen the message before. Although I like Xing sometimes I miss messages.

Yesterday evening I suddenly started to feel ill and took today off work.

I might go in tomorrow where I reckon there is a 50:50 chance I will be told that my job is coming to an end (as they are outsourcing). They have to do it by tomorrow because the notice period is two months plus the start of the month. Plus if they don't do it tomorrow then I will be compensated for all 30 days of holiday I get for the year (German employment law). 

We'll see.

No comments: