A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Contact

I made contact with the contact from LinkedIn and spoke with her about the position for which she was recruiting.

Although we had a nice, professional chat it was clear that I didn't have the experience in large, global consolidations programmes that she required - although she wondered who would.

The salary they were envisioning was €100k above what I am currently earning. Although that would be a rather nice amount, and I could actually do the work required, her customer wasn't the sort that could be convinced. Fair enough.

But it was good talking with her and, you never know, it may lead to something. It has done so in the past.

No comments: