A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First one

After hearing the bad news on Friday I wasn't surprised but I did feel dejected.

In the afternoon I had a cursory look at Monster and saw a job of interest. I emailed it to my home account.

Today I looked at it.

Then I looked at it again. It was written in Foreign but I got the gist of it and actually sent off an application.

I was very please to have done this.

It is all very well (and important) to set things up - update the networking sites etc - but it is applications which get you jobs.

And I did one.

Curry later.

No comments: