A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Civilised

The Germans are a civilized people.

None of this "you are redundant, leave now" nonsense.

My job will end at the end of November. But they estimate that I will be free by the end of September (depending on my currently running projects) and after that I am on gardening leave.

Plus I get a payoff and a voucher, of significant value, to a course which increases my employability.

Apparently, even if I get another job before end of November I still keep the payoff.


No comments: