A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, December 09, 2005

How much

In this morning’s trawl, which stretched into the afternoon, I applied for one job.

About two hours later the agent called.

We had a good chat about the role which sounded very suitable. But I then disclosed my minimum rate and had to wait whilst he picked himself off the floor. It was about double his client’s maximum rate.

You should note that my minimum rate is quite reasonable.

This was a big pity but the agent said he’d still talk to the client about me (just in case they realised how ridiculous their target rate is) and consider me for other roles. So, a bite.

No comments: