A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Double thumbs up

 On Tuesday I had a video interview with a large but unknown company.

After the senior manager interviewing gave me a synopsis of the company and job I was asked to tell them about myself.

I started with the "I just want to say" - with my English accent - "that I'm an Irish citizen - just feels so good to say that".

The senior manager laughed and said "Yes I saw that on your c.v. ...." and gave a double thumbs-up.

Yesterday I also had a telephone interview - that's right, not a video even though it's 2021 - for another job.

No comments: