A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, March 17, 2017

It's 2017

Back around the early 90s I was looking for a change of employer.

To give myself an edge I wanted a mobile phone so that I would be more contactable. In those days most mobiles were analogue and therefore crap. I waited until the first GSM phones came out choosing Orange as the provider. They were innovative in marketing and provided great service.

I can't remember if it helped or not.

Anyway at lunchtime today I was contacted by an agency on my smartphone. I was at a restaurant with a friend so didn't answer. They sent me an email and after the meal I was able to reply, using the smartphone and attaching my c.v. They later called me back and asked me to send some references (in Germany these are given to those leaving employers). From my phone I was able to go to my OneDrive and attach them to an email whilst sitting in a cafe.

And, of course, this was all synchronised with my PC and MacBook at home.

Let's see if this makes a difference.

Oh, and once I got home another agency called about another job.

No comments: