A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Good, great but ...

After talking with the head of the college on Sunday I spent the rest of the day, and yesterday morning, looking through notes and thinking about how I could lecture in PM.

I actually became excited about it - it could be a good part-time activity while I develop this business (see other blog).

Then, yesterday afternoon, I trundled over to meet the two heads of the college. All went well. There are only three hours of lectures a week and ... there's no pay for preparation work etc. Which means I would only be paid for three hours a week. Over 13 weeks.

Just not economically viable - I get more unemployment benefit. We all had a little brainstorming session to see if there was a way around this. So far, we are bureaucratically snookered.

No comments: