A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A morning at the fair

A job hunting fair organised for IT bods by the Munich unemployment office.

I've been to job fairs in the UK but this was much better.

Being an organised panda I had shortlisted the companies I thought were appropriate - about 11 - and was  in and out within two hours.

For most of the companies I visited it was obvious that my German is a bit on the crap side. One lady, early on, however, said that I had good German but probably better English. I suggested she waited 20 minutes to hear what my German was like when I started getting tired (and fed up of the lingo).

Oh, and by the way, I have been feeling quite ill.

No comments: