A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Not a good day

During the bits of the weekend when I wasn't running/drinking/eating or sleeping I updated my c.v.

It's now how I want it to look.

I also updated my details on LinkedIn, not because I am looking for another job, but it's better to be safe and follow the rule "don't leave home without a c.v.".

This morning, as expected, two of my staff were told they would lose their jobs. We're shutting down the offices (one in the Americas, one in APAC) where they work.

These two people are outstanding and it is sad to lose them. They were also sad.

Anyway, they will be with us for at least a couple of months.

When it comes to redundancies, or indeed other forms of termination, it is hard on both sides of the desk - although obviously much harder on the receiving end.

Meanwhile, the company is now much smaller but, when you discount the loss of our largest client, still in growth.

I am safe ... for now.

No comments: