A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Frankfurt

When I first visited Frankfurt it was in the 90s and I was visiting an English friend who was living there.

Coming from London, I thought it was a great city and wanted to live and work there.

A few years later I got a job in Munich.

Munich!

Turns out Munich is much, much better.

And not least the beer.

For quite a few years now I have been living in the city.

But a couple of years ago I took a job in Frankfurt, in desperation.

Fortunately the company failed their probation period before I gave up my flat here.

And these days I have a permanent job in Munich - well, as permanent as jobs get.

So, you can imagine my disdain when I was emailed today about a job in Frankfurt.


No comments: