A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tiring

Well that was a tiring Saturday morning.

I hate having to dress for work and going into an office on the weekend.

And that's what I had to do today.

Except it was worse than that as I don't actually have a job.

It was Munich's American German Business Club's Exchange event. Three seminars and the opportunity to network. Held at KPMG's offices. A good event except it meant getting up early (that is, before midday).

Earlier during the week I had finally got around to getting my own business cards.

I had been meaning to do this for weeks. In fact, I had earlier opportunities to give cards to people I had met but I didn't have any (and this is someone who has been on business trips to Japan).

So, before this event, I made sure to get some.

And yesterday I had a haircut as well, just to be safe.

Anyway, today I gave out three of the hundred business cards I had - all to people who already knew me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good haircut. You looked very handsome on your way out.