A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Deep joy

I've been listening to Pink Industry's "What I wouldn't give" and Force Majeure's "Out of My Mind" so life is undoubtedly good.

But not that good.

You see I was working as a freelancer for a major company. And it was going so well that they asked me to go permanent. Which I did.

And it is still going well ... for me. For the company generally, not so good. In fact not good at all.

Within six months they've gone from talking about increasing headcount to announcing the need for major redundancies.

Time to get job hunting.

No comments: