A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 15, 2007

More activitiy

As well as job hunt I did a few other things:

  • found out about a Munich Toastmasters club, I'll go along to tomorrow's meeting
  • found out about another Munich Toastmasters club, I'll go along to Wednesday's meeting

(er, so I can chose between the two)

  • signed up for a meeting of the American German Business Club in Munich. I'm neither German, nor American but apparently that's fine with them
  • signed up for a Xing (used to openBC) networking meeting in the beginning of February.

Anything else? Oh yes I tried to join in with the CareerTalk skypecast but it wasn't working. So, instead I phoned (over normal Skype, which did work) the host who works in San Jose. We'll try again next week.

Maybe if Skype don't get their finger out I'll send them my c.v.

And, er ... I applied for a total of three jobs.

It's funny, two of them wanted very good English. They wrote this, along with the rest of their adverts, in German. So, I applied, but in English ... very good English I like to think.

No comments: