A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hotel

Yesterday I moved from my rather disappointing hotel in Giesing into a rather lovely hotel in Schwabing.

It’s 232m from where I used to stay in a flat many years ago when I worked around the German-speaking countries.

That’s good and bad. But not too bad as I’m not very sentimental.

Today I asked to extend my stay in the hotel to the first week of October. I’m assuming my contract won’t be terminated beforehand but if it is I only have to give a week’s notice.

It was really important to do this booking as soon as possible. In July, I think, it’s the World Working Class Latent Homosexual Championship, also known as the Football World Cup (I think) being held in Munich.

(Now, let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen much football at all, nor had much association with gays, but it’s obvious isn’t it).

The price of the room during this period goes up quite a bit. But I don’t see a choice. I’m just glad a room was available. I guess the price of a haircut will also go up during this time as well.

It’s a very nice hotel and has no pretensions on being an apart-hotel (well, as far as my room is concerned).

And the bed is big enough for four people at a squeeze (girls, apply by email)!

1 comment:

milo317 said...

Ah... now I know why you had your hair cut recently...