A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The reason(s)

This morning I called an agency who had contacted me on Tuesday about an assignment that needed filling very quickly. They want people to start next week, preferably Monday.

So, as I hadn’t heard anything yesterday I thought I’d give him a call.

He said he might have heard from his client this afternoon.

Damn. So that means I’d better stay by the phone rather than go to the gym. I know you know I’ve got a mobile phone but it’s not ideal taking a call with loads of gym-type background noises.

In case he called early in the afternoon, leaving me time to still go to the gym, well, I did sneeze twice today, so had better not go anyway, just in case I’m getting a cold.

No comments: