A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Nice recommendation

Last weekend I was going, on public transport, to meet up with a drinking club with a running problem.

On the platform I bumped into an old friend who was going there.

Sometime during the journey or afterwards I must have mentioned that maybe I could do something in her company. I kinda forgot because, you know, that drinking thing.

Anyway she didn't forget and reminded me on Monday. She then sent a very nice recommendation to her recruiters which I have transposed here:

"Hi,

I have referred my long-time friend The Job Hunter with No Name for (among others possible positions) the Job I could do with my eyes closed if I really liked a challenge job located here: [link to her company's career site] and expect that he will apply for this position directly. 

I have known TJHWNN for over 10 years as a social friend and can attest to his honesty, integrity and reliability. He’s an exceptionally bright guy, very witty and a natural leader. I am certain he would be a good fit for her employer and hope you agree. J

Best regards,

A clearly very deluded friend"

Wow. 

I applied. One of five applications this week.

No comments: