A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Unusual

Normally I have to explain what my company does.

This cannot be done in an elevator pitch fashion.

Then I explain that anyway I run their infrastructure.

On Wednesday I went to a business-type meeting organised by meetup.com.

And being cool/lame I took my Surface Pro to write notes.

Whilst eating the person on my left saw the company logo on the laptop, recognised it and told me he knew the company well, including my ex-VP, and had worked with its sister companies.

Then the girl on the right saw the company logo and told me she knew people in the IT department. In fact she gave off quite a few names.

I then talked to a third person who had never heard of us and needed the usual long-winded description of our business and then the short description of what I do.

No comments: