A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Afghanistan

I received an email about a job in Khabul. The email was clearly a circular so I didn't even bother to reply. The next day I get a call about an interesting opportunity which would particularly suit me due to my background with the company involved. Lots of money, benefits blah blah blah it's in Khabul. I live in the fourth best city in the world. The chances of me having my head cut off whilst being videoed is not high. And as we have Afghan restaurants here (which are very nice) there really is no incentive for me to consider it. So I don't.

No comments: