A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Breaking the news

Yesterday I went into the office in Frankfurt.

My boss called asking me to go straight over to the client.

No problem I told him.

But I then told him I was resigning.

He said he was not surprised but disappointed.

He asked but I told him there was nothing he could do to change my mind.

He asked me to give it a week - which I can't as I've accepted another job - and to keep an open mind - which being an open minded sort of person I agreed. But I told him I was still submitting my resignation.

It is very bad for him as a fellow project manager (who has worked there longer) is off sick and may be so for quite a while.

But it is even worse for him. Later today I was talking to a project controller who told me that she had also resigned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what heppened next???