A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

B1

Well, I got the B1 from the Goethe Institute.

It wasn't easy, three hours a day one-to-one tuition plus homework for three weeks.

This was all extremely exhausting.

Anyway I passed with an average of 93%; this puts me in the top category and the pass mark was 60%.

It means I have a proven ability in German which is quantifiable. Hopefully this will help when I apply for global roles where I will never need to speak another language but English.

During the last three weeks it hasn't only been this blog which has been neglected.

I haven't applied for jobs, I haven't looked at my to do list, I haven't even exercised.

In fact I forgot that I don't have a job.

Have to get back to the hunting now.


No comments: