A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, March 15, 2010

At last

No, not phone calls from recruiters who said they were going to call me.

For years I have been looking for a domain name which would only accept the three initials of my name.

My full name seems to be impossible for most people to spell.

A few days ago a colleague at work mentioned a new TLD called .tel.

This morning I looked at it and found that the domain I wanted to use with it (that is, the three initials of my name) was free.

This is rare, a lot of domain administrators won't accept just three letters.

I grabbed it.

And now I have a .tel domain name.

There's more to .tel than just domain names but basically for people wanting to contact me it's a one-shop stop which is easy to spell out.

No comments: