A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Clarity

My client (I'm a contractor) tells me that they won't be able to keep me on beyond October. Though, they will try.

But for now at least, my contract ends when October does.

Do I need more clarity?

Hell no, I need another job.

Regular readers will know that, for someone like me, it's strangely difficult to get another job. Well, it's even harder now that I'm in Munich.

First of all the language. Not everyone here speaks English.

Secondly, well I'm not exactly in the land of low unemployment.

But I like it here, for lots of reasons, and am determined to stay.

No comments: