A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dismal

On a grey Sunday I got down to looking at the Job Site and job Monster.

Once again, after about a four months' break.

I actually managed to apply to two jobs. One I applied for in October but the ad was repeated in Monster.

The other job was marked as urgent. Which is a problem as I'm not immediately available (I'm committed till the end of May). But

interest in me + general pfaffing in recruitment = worthwhile applying now

We'll see what happens.

Another problem: I have to give notice to break the lease on my flat in mid-April else I have to rent it for another six months.

My job ends in May. And I can only really start job-hunting in earnest near the end of April.

So, it's going to become a very fraught time.

Oh, and to keep this flat, I'll need another very high paying job, which is a bit rare these days in IT.

Still, it'll make it an interesting couple of months.

No comments: